Data Protection Statement for personal information
The information collected and held by O’Sullivan Solutions, in manual and in electronic format will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act, 2003.
The purpose of holding this information is for:
- Know those who requested information re mediation training
- To record the names and contact details of learners booked on courses
- To have the contact details of learners for the purpose of corresponding with them
- To record financial transactions
- To issue their certificates
- Mediators’ Institute of Ireland records
- Correspondence between O’Sullivan Solutions and the learner
- Sending cc’d emails to the learners in each group
- To use their evaluation forms for training amendments
- Informing the learner of further training opportunities
- Future advertising as per what is written on evaluation forms (permission to state yes/no is asked and documented in the learner’s evaluation/feedback form
- To keep their assessment results on file as per the MII’s requirements
- To record any issues for the trainer or complaints from the learners that may arise during the course.
Disclosure of any of this information will take place only in accordance with legislation or regulatory requirements. Explicit consent will be sought from Learners aged 18 if the organisation needs to disclose this information to a third party for any reason.
Learners have a right to access the personal data held on them by O’Sullivan Solutions and to correct it if necessary.
By completing registration forms learners consent to the use of the information supplied as described.
Introduction and General Terms
O’Sullivan Solutions is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
- what information O’Sullivan Solutions may collect about you;
- how O’Sullivan Solutions will use information we collect about you;
- when O’Sullivan Solutions may use your details to contact you;
- whether O’Sullivan Solutions will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
What information will O’Sullivan Solutions collect about me?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content (such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or e-mail) or purchase any products from O’Sullivan Solutions using any of our online registration systems, via telephone, email or any other correspondence, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity. By submitting your details, you enable O’Sullivan Solutions (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select. In order for you to make a purchase on the O’Sullivan Solutions website, an account will automatically be set up using these details. No debit card, credit card, bank details or any other payment details are stored.
How will O’Sullivan Solutions use the information they collect about me?
O’Sullivan Solutions will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our products, services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that O’Sullivan Solutions may contact you for reasons related to the product, service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with a postal tracking number for your purchase or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our products, services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of O’Sullivan Solutions for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the O’Sullivan Solutions website.
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. O’Sullivan Solutions may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where O’Sullivan Solutions proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will O’Sullivan Solutions contact me?
O’Sullivan Solutions may contact you:
- in relation to any purchase, service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that O’Sullivan Solutions can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to O’Sullivan Solutions, e.g. on the O’Sullivan Solutions Blog, message boards or via other social media channels;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about O’Sullivan Solutions services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however O’Sullivan Solutions will always provide you with an opt-out option.
Will O’Sullivan Solutions share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within O’Sullivan Solutions. However, sometimes O’Sullivan Solutions uses third parties to process your information (eg. Informing the carrier company of your contact details in case the driver cannot find your property to deliver your purchase). O’Sullivan Solutions requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and O’Sullivan Solutions requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
What if I am a user aged 18 or under?
If you are aged 18 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to O’Sullivan Solutions. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will O’Sullivan Solutions keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with O’Sullivan Solutions. Where you contribute material to O’Sullivan Solutions we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information O’Sullivan Solutions holds about me?
What if I am accessing O’Sullivan Solutions websites outside the UK?
Cookies Policy – Information O’Sullivan Solutions collects from you
Our website uses a 1st party cookie to find out how people are using our website and to make some features of the website work. This information is anonymous and cannot be linked to one individual. We use this information to enable us to continually make improvements to our websites and the user experience.
Below are details of the cookies used.
|Youtube||Third-party Cookies||This is collected by Youtube.|
|Sharing via facebook||This is required for sharing via facebook|
|Sharing via Twitter||This is required for sharing via Twitter|
|Sharing via Instagram||This is required for sharing via Instagram|
|Popup page view||To show or hide popups as per user preference||This is a required function|
- Send information to any other websites
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.