Moving Through Conflict
2 day training programme
“Seek first to understand, and then to be understood.” - S. Covey
Who will benefit from this training?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, community workers and anyone who is interested in finding a new way through conflict.
- Identify their own conflict management style and know which facets of their style might need amendment or development.
- Identify the source and causes of conflict in organisational settings, and will know what needs to be in place to prevent or reduce conflict.
- Know how an individual’s perception can influence their interpretation of events and their management of conflict.
- Know how the distortion, deletion and deficit of communicated information can hinder or block conflict solution.
- Know the social driver needs of humans (the SCARF Model) as outlined in neuroscience research. Will know how to apply this model to identifying the underlying needs and interests of others, and, of themselves.
- Know the physiological changes that occur which lead to the initiation and escalation of conflict, and how to work with these changes.
- Know how to converse with a person who is emotional, and how to listen to them actively until that person has returned to cognitive thinking and is able to have a constructive conversation.
- Know the core concept of conflict mediation and how to use this knowledge to resolve conflict situations involving themselves and/or others.
- Learn listening and questioning skills.
- Learn how to convey their issues, concerns and needs to another person, clearly, effectively and with respect, and in a way in which the other party in the dispute will be able to cognitively hear what is being said.
- Have a framework from which to create their way through conflict.
The training will include a 50 page manual which can be used as a reference post-training.
Feedback from previous courses
Venue: Co. Kerry
Date: 26th and 27th April 2018
Time: 9.30 to 17.30
South West Gno Skillnet is part funding the programme for those who are self-employed or employed in the private sector. Please contact Katie Kerin on 087 215 9431 or 066 9156 100
“Gerry, thank you for facilitating a superb meeting on 'Conflict Resolution' and 'Bullying and Harassment'.
I have rarely encountered a facilitator who could hold the attention of the group in such a way, and for a two hour engagement. Your energy and investment in the topic invigorated the meeting and allowed us to have a fantastic educational experience.
The level of questioning and reflection which has stemmed from your session bears testimony to its quality.” - Dr Bertie Daly, Programme Director, South West GP Training Scheme
Client feedback to the 1 day Introduction to Mediation Training
Back to the top